|Salary:||£50,000 to £60,000 Per Annum|
|Date Posted:||19/01/2017 10:20:00|
Infrastructure Architect – Hadoop
You will be a key member of the European IT infrastructure engineering team with accountability for delivering Information Technology projects. The position supports the European Head Infrastructure and Information Security with particular emphasis on designing and implementing IT solutions. This position will take an active hands on role delivering Information Technology initiatives and business projects providing strong design governance which balances business needs with operational effectiveness, security and corporate standards. As such, a knowledge of a wide range of cloud, infrastructure and application technologies, alongside the ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the business, is essential.
- Use your technical expertise to lead projects with the ability to design and build Hadoop clusters at scale, across multiple data centres, and cloud providers.
- Providing subject matter expertise on Big Data and Hadoop based technologies
- Finding pragmatic solutions that balance business, design standards, operational support and security needs
- Communicates project status, performance reports & service status to clients (Internal & External).
- Participates as member of the internal Architecture Review Board for solution proposals.
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the industry, including current and emerging technologies. Advise, counsel, and educate executive and engineering teams on their relative importance
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to the team to widen their technical skills and understanding of new technologies
- Support sales and consultative activities within the company and our clients
- Degree Educated or relevant work experience
- 5+ years design and building clustered services, distributed systems, production data stores
- 2+ years experience design and building Hadoop clusters
- Deep Knowledge and industry recognised certification in Hadoop, ideally based on Cloudera, including these skills;
- Design and implement scalable data platforms for customer facing services
- Deploy and scale Hadoop infrastructure
- Secure Hadoop to industry best practices
- Big Data design and tuning
- OS integration and application deployment
- Experience coding in Java, Perl, Python, or other language
- Experience scripting for automation and config management (Chef, Puppet)
- UCS platform design and build a plus
- Multi-datacenter deployment experience a plus
- AWS Cloud experience a plus
- Experience with alternate distributed data stores (Cassandra MongoDB etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of one of these technology area’s;
- Virtualisation and Private Cloud ideally based on VMware
- AWS cloud based Services
- Understanding of Networking and security
- Directory services and Single Sign On
- General understanding of Industry Compliance and Regulations such as ISO27001, PCI-DSS and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work with all levels of an organisation from senior stakeholders through to technical project teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Able to swiftly build an understanding of a business area, product or solution
- Ability to clearly document technical environments and solutions
- Self-driven learning in the technologies utilized by the company