|Salary:||£23,000 to £25,000 Per Annum|
|Date Posted:||06/04/2017 16:41:00|
We are supply chain and logistics specialists and are now seeking a Logistics Co-ordinator to join our expanding team at a major client of ours.
Responsible for ensuring that all inbound supplies, products or materials, whether they be stock replenishment items or indirect purchased parts are processed through the physical stores and stores management system (including the stocking/issuing/delivery of such articles) in an effective, efficient and safe manner.
1. Day to day management of a team of Logistics personnel ensuring that they are skilled to carry out their tasks, providing appropriate leadership/support and training as necessary
2. Ongoing management of Logistics personnel to ensure that they are carrying out their duties and tasks in an effective, efficient and safe way, every day
3. Manage activities throughout the stock fulfilment and inbound/outbound transportation cycle to ensure established KPI’s are met including but not limited to Stock Integrity, Stock Accuracy, OTIF and SKU and Item Card Records Accuracy
4. Management and co-ordination of the Stock Counting Process on a daily/weekly/,
monthly/quarterly and annual basis
5. Manage the Stock Replenishment Process on a weekly basis including report generation, sense checking of articles to order, approval process and release of PO’s to appropriate suppliers
6. Actively participates in day to day stores tasks with Logistics personnel, leading by example, to ensure that actions are completed
7. Oversees the full inventory of stores stock articles held in the central stores and outlying stores across the facility
8. Takes steps to avoid quality control issues
9. Responsible for HSE issues related to the Stores area
10. Liaise with suppliers to get the best possible outcomes on inbound deliveries
11. Provide support to the sales, purchasing and other departments as and when necessary.
• Customer Focus – Making the company’s / and our clients Contractors and their needs a primary focus of his/her actions; developing and sustaining productive client relationships;
• Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
• Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish department objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive;
• Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Excellent knowledge of Stores/Warehousing and Transportation Logistics in the B2B/Engineering sector
• Excellent IT Skills on Microsoft Office Suite together with experience on ERP platforms such as SAP / Movex etc
• Problem Solving Skills
• Decision Making Ability
• Attention to Detail
• Experience and ability to Analyse Data and Interpret Information for communication and discussion with senior management
• Stores Management Qualifications
• Talent to recognise opportunities for process improvement and ability to communicate same with senior management
• Post GCSE qualifications
Key Working Relationships:
• The Logistics Co-ordinator will report too and work closely with the company’s UK Account Manager. Contact will be on a daily basis.
• The Logistics Co-ordinator will work closely with the contacts within the clients’ organisation together with contacts from within the wider contractor base that supports operations such as SPIE, EI etc Contact will be on a daily basis.
• The Logistics Co-ordinator will work closely with a wide range of work colleagues. Contact will be on a daily basis.
• The Logistics Co-ordinator will work closely with major suppliers, meeting as and when appropriate, but typically on a monthly/quarterly basis.
Level of Decision Making:
The Logistics Co-ordinator will have day to day decision making authority for all Stores/Stores Management and Logistics activities.
For issues requiring alterations to processes/changes in supplier or customer terms/HR issues and any issue that the Logistics Co-ordinator deems using his judgement to be out with his remit and/or level of decision making authority he/she will communicate such issue to his/her line manager.
The Logistics Co-ordinator is free to request support and/or guidance from the company’s UK Account Manager at any time they feel necessary, and it is expected that they would consult with the his/her line manager and if necessary the Program Manager- UK and Ireland where they feel assistance is required, or that they are unsure of Company direction or policy