|Salary:||£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum|
|Date Posted:||25/01/2017 17:21:00|
Senior/Principal Systems Engineer - Land Domain
We are working with a comapny that are seeking to build on their team of exceptional systems engineers by recruiting a systems engineering leader with a proven track record across the Systems Engineering (SE) life cycle. You will work on a range of projects for MoD, other government departments and the defence industry, particularly in the areas of: systems engineering process and thinking, system and technical assessment and review and through life management.
You will be required to lead teams that apply systems engineering principles in a programme context to support client decision making at all levels of TLCM.
- Provide a responsive, customer focused service to external and internal clients.
- Lead the delivery of successful engineering consultancy assignments.
- Oversee the application systems engineering processes.
- Interface with external customers/suppliers on technical engineering aspects.
- Develop engineering recommendations, solutions and reports for senior management.
- Conduct requirements and technical documentation and design reviews for the assurance of project delivery.
- Inform appropriate Validation and Verification activities through development lifecycle.
- Undertake technical and system readiness assessments.
- Preparing technical reports to show requirements compliance and risk.
- Support the development of the engineering aspects of tenders.
You will need to demonstrate flexibility, breadth of experience, a desire to be challenged and to contribute towards the success and growth of the business. In return they can offer career development, an empowered and supportive working environment and competitive reward package.
Defence industry experience and domain knowledge is essential. A demonstrable track record in the following technical disciplines is required:
- Experienced in delivering and leading across the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Experienced in systems engineering lifecycle development and tailoring based on ISO 15288.
- Solid understanding of a service approach as a method of abstraction and requirements definition.
- Integrated Systems Design
- Systems Architecture (Electrical, Mechanical and Software)
- TRL, SRL and technology growth/exploitation management
- Interoperability / Interfacing Standards
General Domain Experience:
- Good understanding of the MOD acquisition process.
- Good knowledge of Programme Management.
Project Management Experience:
- Ability to manage a technical team and a consultancy team.
- Ability to manage a mixed consultancy/client/3rd party team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills capable of engaging across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and report-writing skills.
- Excellent consulting skills
- Ability to act as a thought leader in the area and advise clients accordingly and to work in a political environment.
You will be degree qualified or equivalent in an engineering discipline and have extensive experience in leading technical projects to time, quality and cost objectives. A relevant higher degree and/or professional qualification would be an advantage.
Security - Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted