|Salary:||£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum|
|Date Posted:||25/01/2017 17:07:00|
To build on this company’s success we have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Software Developer to join our modern offices based in Hampshire to support the software tools they produce. This includes development and coding of complex mathematical algorithms, databases and the development of graphical user interfaces.
As one of the world’s leading design, engineering and project management consultancies, they're a multi-award winning company and are ranked as one of the ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’.
They offer a challenging and rewarding role, career development, and a competitive reward package which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of their standard 25 days paid annual leave.
- Work as part of a small software development team to produce technical work, as directed by the Project Manager and the Lead Developer
- Ensure that software developed is both tested and documented
- Identify the overall project and business goals and help to achieve them
- Communicate effectively and build positive relationships with colleagues and clients, developing networks of contacts internally and externally
- Maintain and demonstrate strong technical competence; find new and better ways of carrying out your role.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science
- A Level Maths or a high grade A-S Level in Maths (Grade A or B)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, pro-active approach
- Commitment to Software Engineering good practice
- Knowledge of Microsoft VB.net or competence in other object oriented or imperative programming languages: e.g. JAVA, C#, C++.
- Willingness to work in Microsoft VB.net (this is the core language used by the team).
- Willingness to learn other languages as the needs of the business require.
- Awareness of relational databases and SQL
Provided you have appropriate programming competence, the company will support you in learning Microsoft VB.net and other languages as necessary.
We are inviting applications from new graduates, as well as candidates with some experience in industry.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.