This Conformance & Electrical Design Engineer is a key role in bringing new products to market which are safe and compliant with the requisite standards and approvals in place.
- You will be the conformance client reviewer, expediting UL, CE, CSA and TüV listing of new products, ensuring the necessary tests and assessments are undertaken to required time scales and standards.
- Ensuring design procedures are in place to ensure compliant designs, to participate in design reviews from the concept stage onwards and, working with the Project Manager to produce safety and conformity plans for new product designs and support their execution.
- This is very much a hands-on role, requiring active participation in the design process and in safety testing, whilst retaining the degree of detachment necessary to ensure that product integrity is paramount.
- Management of the Client test program & facilitating in-house conformance technician training.
- Liaising with Lab Infrastructure team during UKAS calibration to meet ISO17025 Lab quality standards and UL/CSA test requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 years working as an Electrical & Electronic Engineer is a test & conformity role.
- Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Physics or similar discipline
- Experience of the design and test of electrical or electronic products and/or cubicle based electrical power systems.
- An ability to translate/interpret technical standards into realistic requirements for product design and test.
- Process savvy with proficiency in management systems.