Functional Safety Engineer
Generation of functional safety plans commensurate with the requirements of IEC 61508 and related standards, as applicable. Carry out a series of system and sub-system functional safety activities in support of the plans during all safety software lifecycle phases.
- Working with the lead electronics design engineer in preparation of failure rate and diagnostic coverage (safe-failure-fraction) predictions.
- Organising and recording system level functional safety analysis using FMECA, FTA, etc.
- Manage the interface to the safety certification body (TUV).
- Management of functional safety requirements and traceability to implementation.
- Monitoring and auditing of the operation of configuration management and document management systems for safety-related items.
- Production of material supporting the certification of the product.
- Organising and recording verification reviews.
- Specifying, executing and recording safety validation tests.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant engineering subject.
- Application of standards for functional safety of programmable systems.
- Estimation of electronics failure rates using component level FMEA or other techniques such as reliability block diagrams or Markov analysis.
- Functional safety analysis at system level, using FMEA / FTA, etc.
- Production of documentation for certification or approval of safety-related systems.