Defence & Electronics
£30,000 to £45,000 Per Annum
- Leading tasks and managing smaller projects while undertaking Safety Engineering activities for a variety of Projects as defined by Project Safety Plans, and in compliance with the principles identified in the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Identifying and creating evidence to support system assurance using safety related activities on to support the traceability of the system safety requirements to the implementation and operation.
- Carrying out Hazard Analysis to define safety requirements, and detailed technical system analysis to demonstrate that safety requirements can be met.
- Developing safety arguments and safety cases to support assurance and certification activities including the identification of appropriate evidence to show the arguments are reasonable, well-constructed and justified.
- Undertaking safety analysis by the application of appropriate regulatory requirements, legislation, tools and techniques.
- Liaising with system developers, certification bodies, Operators, Operational Engineering, Systems Engineering and Facilities Management as necessary regarding safety.
- Assisting in resource estimation for relevant projects and completion of tasks within allocated timescales/hours.
- Participating in audits conducted by internal and external regulators.
- Carrying out reviews of third party safety analysis (FMECA, FTA, ETA etc.).
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ engineering experience including functional Safety Engineering, development of Safety Plans
- Experience of generation of work compliant with the principles of Safety Management Systems, Safety Regulatory Frameworks and Safety Engineering Principles
- Ability to build effective and strong working relationships with both clients and colleagues.
- Good presentation skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and listen.